The International Hellenic University and the Southeastern European Energy Forum are organising a conference entitled "Natural Gas and LNG: New Developments in the Southeastern European Market” on Tuesday January 26th 2016 on the premises of the International Hellenic University in Thessaloniki.
Prof. em. Dr. Αthanassios Kaissis, Member of the Governing Board of International Hellenic University, Chairman of the Board of Directors of EPA Thessaloniki, President of South Eastern European Energy Forum – Thessaloniki
Mr. Leonidas Bakouras, Deputy General Manager EPA Thessaloniki & EPA Thessalia, Secretary General of South Eastern European Energy Forum – Thessaloniki
Greeting to Conference Participants: Prof. Dr. Costas Grammenos, President of the Governing Board, International Hellenic University
- Mr. Panos Skourletis*, Minister of Environment and Energy
- Mr. Sokratis Famellos, Member of Parliament B’ Thessaloniki SYRIZA
- Dr. Sotiris Manolkidis, Vice President, Regulatory Authority for Energy (RΑΕ)
- State Senator Mr. Leonidas Raptakis, Rhode Island State Senate, U.S.A.
- Mr. Asimakis Papageorgiou, f. Deputy Minister for Environment, Energy and Climate Change
- Mr. Apostolos Tzitzikostas, Regional Governor of Central Macedonia
- Mr. Giannis Boutaris, Mayor of Thessaloniki
- Mr. Stavros Kalafatis, Member of Parliament A’ Thessaloniki New Democracy
- Mr. Lazaros Kyrizoglou, President of PEDKM, Mayor of Ampelokipoi - Menemeni
- Mr. Ignatios Kaitezidis, Mayor of Pylaia - Chortiatis
- Dr. Georgios Banias, President of Permanent Environmental and Energy Committee of TEE / ΤΚΜ
1st Session: Aspects and Prospectives of Natural Gas in Southeastern European Infrastructure and Markets: Greece, Italy, Albania, Bulgaria, FYROM and Serbia - Gas Interconnector Greece-Bulgaria (IGB Pipeline)
17:30-18:30 1st Session
- Mr. GIOACCHINO COSTA, Eni SpA Italy - Senior Vice President Western Europe at Eni Downstream Gas & Power
- Mr. Kostas Xifaras, CEO, Hellenic Gas Transmission System Operator (DESFA) CEO
- Mr. Theodoros Kitsakos, Public Gas Corporation of Greece (DEPA)
- Mr. Rikard Scoufias, Trans Adriatic Pipeline (ΤΑP) Country Manager for Greece
- Mr. Alexandros Lagakos, Chairman of the Greek Energy Forum
With the participation of:
- Overgas Inc. AD Bulgaria
- Bulgarian Gas Association
18:30-19:00 Coffee Break
2nd Session: Regulatory, Legal, Economical and Technological Aspects in the Greek Natural Gas Market – Liberalization of Greek Natural Gas Retail Market
19:00-20:30 2nd Session
- Prof. em. Dr. Αthanassios Kaissis, Chairman of the Board of Directors of EPA Thessaloniki, President South Eastern European Energy Forum - Thessaloniki
- Dr. Theodoros Panagos, Attorney at law, Adjunct Professor on Energy Law, International Hellenic University
- Mr. Christos Balaskas, General Manager, EPA Attiki
- Mr. Federico Regola, General Manager, EPA Thessaloniki & EPA Thessalia
- Mr. Kostis Sifnaios, Head of Business Development, PROMITHEAS GAS
- Mr. Panayotis Kanellopoulos, CEO, M&M Gas
- Mr. Leonidas Bakouras, Deputy General Manager EPA Thessaloniki & EPA Thessalia, Secretary General of South Eastern European Energy Forum - Thessaloniki
* to be confirmed
The program is also available for download in English and in Greek.
The conference's language will be Greek with simultaneous interpretation into English.
Registration: Admission to the Conference is free and pre-registration on the website is recommended.
Transfer to IHU Campus: There will be a free return bus service from downtown Thessaloniki (in front of the International Fair entrance on Egnatia Street, opposite the central library of Aristotle University) to the International Hellenic University. Time of departure is 15:45 (please arrive before that - priority will be given on a first-come, first-served basis).
For information on how to get to the International Hellenic University click here.
Attendance certificates will be provided upon request.