Following the successful completion and continuing the legacy of the first GEF Awards, the Forum is aspiring to make it a tradition. The GEF Awards 2018 marked another milestone in bestowing those companies and individuals that have become benchmark of excellence, competence and innovation in the energy and hydrocarbons sector in the region.
We were very proud that the GEF Awards 2018 were run under the auspices of the Economic and Commercial Office of the Greek Embassy in the UK, and the Cyprus High Commission – Commercial Section.
We believe that it is a responsibility of GEF to act as envoy of Greece and the wider region in the international energy and hydrocarbons industry, by promoting its numerous best practices and success stories in this field, and thus highlighting this way its creative, innovative and forward-looking side.
- Energy Influencer: Mathios Rigas, CEO, Energean Oil & Gas
- Energy Innovator: Smart Islands Initiative
- Energy/Hydrocarbons Company: Mytilineos Group
- Energy Consultancy/Services: Kantor Management Consultants
- Maritime Services: Gaslog
- Social Responsibility: Hellenic Petroleum
- Green Energy: Eunice Energy Group
Award Categories & Nominated Companies
- Konstantinos Laskaris (Principal Motor Engineer, Tesla Motors)
- Menelaos Ioannidis (CTO, Lightsource Labs)
- Mathios Rigas (CEO, Energean Oil & Gas)
- Erma First
- Energy-Economy-Environment Modelling Laboratory E3MLab
- Smart Islands Initiative
- Mytilineos Holdings
- Kantor Consultants
- Mediterranean Growth Initiative
- Arista Shipping (Project Forward)
- CMM/Latsco (LPGreen project)
- CSR Hellas
- EUNICE GROUP
- EREN Group
GEA 2020 nominees have been shortlisted by the Awards Board which has acted as an independent panel of distinguished experts, governing the impartiality and robustness of the process.
The Awards winner of each category is then determined through a public and anonymous voting process (the GEA 2018 exceeded 3,500 unique votes), where the nominee with the highest number of votes wins the Award.
As this is an open vote, GEF maintains no control over the voting process – while the results of the voting are audited by the Awards Board guaranteeing their impartiality. As such, both GEF and the organising committee have no influence in determining who the winners of the Awards will be.