Since its establishment in 2013, the Greek Energy Forum (GEF) has provided a dynamic platform upon which energy professionals have the ability to network, share ideas and best practices on current industry developments and market trends in Greece and SE Europe, as well as propose and communicate energy policy proposals and reforms to governments and decision makers.
Underpinned by this aspiration and the ideal of "Aien Aristeuein”, GEF established its first Greek Energy Awards (GEA) ceremony in 2016, envisioning to acknowledge organisations and individuals who excelled and inspired through their vision, work and contribution in the sectors of energy and hydrocarbons in the Eastern Mediterranean region.
Award Categories & Winners
- Greek Energy Influencer: George Sakellaris, P.E. Chairman of the Board of Directors President and Chief Executive Officer, Ameresco, Inc.
- Energy Innovator: Corinth Pipeworks
- Energy Start-Up: Signal Maritime
- Research Project of the Year: Danae Azaria, Lecturer in Law, Faculty of Laws, University College London
- Outstanding Energy Company: Energean
- Energy Consultant / Services Company Excellence: FTI Consulting, Dentons
- Distinguished Contribution to East Med: EDT offshore, Solon Kassinis, founder and Managing Director of Kassinis International Consulting Ltd