The Greek Energy Forum had the pleasure to co-host the Athens Energy Dialogues taking place on 23-24 January 2020 in Athens, Greece.
Athens Energy Dialogues has earned a deserved reputation as a forum for frank debate on the key issues facing the East Mediterranean energy sector, offering the opportunity for high-level networking and discussion with the industry's leading executives and experts.
The characteristic of the energy industry is one of resilience and innovation and, at this year's event the focus was on how companies in the sector are responding to the challenges of the energy transition and climate change.
The program of speakers and panelists featured a mix of chief executives, ministers and other industry leaders, who discussed how the energy business is adapting to this changing landscape, by developing new strategies, forging new partnerships, and above all by harnessing new technologies to improve efficiency, promote sustainability and optimise costs.
Members of the GEF Executive Committee, Non-Executive Board and Associates were among the event's distinguished speakers, including:
- Alexandros Lagakos - GEF Co-Founder/ Vice President and Managing Director at Blue Grid Gas and Power;
- Dr Valentina Dedi - GEF Head of Global Operations and Lead Economist at KBR;
- Menelaos Ioannidis - GEF Steering Committee and CTO at BP Lightsource;
- Alexandra Sdoukou - GEF Associate and Secretary General for Energy & Mineral Resources;
- Michalis Mathioulakis - GEF Academic Director
- Constantine Levoyannis - GEF Head of Brussels Branch and EU Public Affairs and Communications Director, GRTgaz
- Dr Athanasios Dagoumas - GEF Associate and Assistant Professor; Director, Energy and Environmental Policy laboratory, University of Piraeus
For further information and speakers' presentations, visit the link.