The Energy Roundtable Briefing entitled "The Role of Europe's Southeastern Periphery in the EU Energy Security" will bring together key policy makers, regulators, top market players and practitioners & academics to present unique insights in and observations on all major topics in the current dynamic energy security field in the South East Europe.
9:00 - Registration
9.30 - Coffee & Tea
- Corina Cretu*, European Commissioner for Regional Policy
- Dimitris Papadimoulis, Vice President of the European Parliament
10:00 - The European Policy Framework, Investments & Developments in the Energy Sector in South East Europe
Introduction & Chair: Dr. Theodoros Tsakiris, Assistant Professor at the University of Nicosia & Coordinator of the Programme 'Geopolitics of Energy' at ELIAMEP
- Gerassimos Thomas, Deputy Director General, DG Energy, European Commission
- Prof. Yannis Maniatis, Member of the Hellenic Parliament, Democratic Coalition, former Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change
- Julian Popov, Fellow, European Climate Foundation |f. Minister of Environment & Water, Bulgaria
- Christian Egenhofer, Head of Energy & Climate Programme, Director of the Energy Climate House, Centre for European Policies Studies
- Dr. Urban Rusnak, Secretary General of the Energy Charter Secretariat, Brussels
11:15 - Networking / Coffee Break
11:30 - Bridging the Two Corridors: Major Infrastructure Projects Connecting the Caspian and the Eastern Med via Greece
Progress report on the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor, the Balkan Gas Interconnectors and LNG facilities and whether there is a future for the Greek Stream Pipeline Project and the establishment of a New Gas Corridor for Europe: The East Med Gas Project.
Introduction & Chair: Constantine Levoyannis, Head of Brussels Branch, Greek Energy Forum, Director at FTI Consulting
- Theodoros Kitsakos, CEO, Public Gas Corporation (DEPA), Greece
- Fabio Marchetti, Vice President, Head of European Government Affairs office in Brussels, ENI SPA
- Elio Ruggeri, Senior Vice President & Head for International Gas Projects, Edison & CEO, IGI Poseidon S.A.
- Thierry Deschuyteneer, Executive Secretary, "Gas Infrastructure Europe” & Vice-Chairman GasNaturally
- Guloren Turan*, Government Affairs Manager, TAP AG
12:30 - Electricity Markets, Gas Penetration and Renewable Energy Sources
The Market Opening Status Report, interconnecting Crete and Cyprus with the EU Market, promoting Gas as Shipping Fuel: The Poseidon Med LNG Bunkering Project, developing the Greek Regional Gas Grids, how the economic crisis has affected the RES market and what the major investment opportunities are.
Introduction & Chair: Costis Stambolis, Deputy Chairman and Executive Director, Institute of Energy for SE Europe (IENE)
- Stavros Goutsos, Deputy CEO, Public Power Corporation, Greece
- Niki Tzavela, former Member of the European Parliament
- Nick Frydas, Manager, Resource Planning, ENTSO-E
- Daria Nochevnik, Deputy Head of Brussels Branch, Greek Energy Forum
13:30 - Light Lunch
End of Roundtable Briefing