Join the Greek Energy Forum (GEF) in this exciting energy transition event hosted by Lightsource BP, which will be followed by a Christmas networking reception!
To register, visit the link.
The aim of this event is to take the audience through a journey that will examine the dual challenge of liberalisation of the electricity market and energy transition to zero carbon for Greece, discussing the progress that has been made so far in both areas, the gaps that remain and the way that the two challenges interact, advance or hinder each other.
The Greek power market initiated its liberalisation journey back in 1996, allowing for the introduction of power generation and distribution companies in the market. The liberalisation of the Greek power market is still in many ways a work in progress. This transition to an open market has mainly been driven by European regulation and has had its fair share of challenges. However, there is still a long way to go before the Greek power markets reach a status of liberalisation equivalent to that of their western European counterparts.
On the other hand, the energy transition to zero carbon is very much a reality and the international energy players have already outlined their adaptation strategies to the challenge. Some have already started advancing in their plans for transforming their footprint and operations through investments in renewables and new low carbon technologies. It is also evident that liberalised markets are advancing at a faster pace as startups are picking up market share from the less agile incumbents through the adaptation of a green profile and new disruptive technologies.
As such, issues that going to be covered will include:
- How is the energy transition affecting the Greek power sector?
- What are the adaptation strategies of the Greek power market players?
- What does liberalisation mean for the consumers, renewable developers and producers/distributors?
- How the establishment of the energy exchange will affect market participants?
- Barriers to entry, have they really been removed?
- Can we accelerate our move to a low carbon future and at the same time develop a competitive power hub in the South East Europe?
The event will feature a very exciting and high profile panel of experts:
- Vlasios Souflis - Director of International Business Development at Lightsource BP
- Harry Boyd-Carpenter - Director, Head of Energy EMEA at EBRD
- Virginia Murray - Head of the Greek Projects and Structured Finance Group at Watson, Farley & Williams
- Matthew Tilbrook - Director, Project Finance at METKA EGN
- Tina Mavraki - Executive Manager at Barak Fund Management / Board Director Mytilineos S.A.
Alexandros Tzianoumis - Head of Power Purchase Agreements and Policy at Mitie & GEF Associate
Dimitrios Saratzis - Trading Analyst at Centrica & GEF Associate
18:30 -19:00 Registration
19:00 - 20:30 Panel Discussion
20:30 - 21:30 Christmas Drinks Reception
The discussion and conclusions of this event will be registered, drafted into a white paper and communicated to the Greek Ministry of Energy and Hydrocarbons.
To register, visit the link.